Successful breastfeeding happens with support. Every baby and mother is unique and may require unique support. If you have any uncertainties about breastfeeding or are experiencing other difficulties, seek help immediately. There are many resources available to help answer all of your questions, big or small.
Moms who've "been there"
Many moms are open to share their experiences with you and to support you in your breastfeeding journey. Connecting with someone who's been there can be incredibly powerful in achieving breastfeeding success:
- Friends and Family: Ask your family and friends for their help and support. Someone you can relate to and whose breastfed previously may give you a boost when you need it.
- Breastfeeding Groups: join a Breastfeeding Group through the La Leche League, your Hospital, your friends or search for one online in your area. There are great sites to help you, such as meetup.
- Breastfeeding Blogs: Reading through the experiences of other moms is an informative way to gain knowledge on the challenges you may face, as well as receive a boost of emotional support.
- Twitter: Moms on twitter are easily accessible and responsive to answer questions. Follow us @bravadodesigns, and don't be shy, ask us directly and we'll send you in the right direction or connect you with someone else who can provide the answer you're looking for.
Other Resources for You
- BravadoDesigns.com: Browse through our collection of articles, organized by nursing stage or access them all via our Resource Library.
- Your Hospital/Midwife/Doula: Check with your hospital to find if there's a breastfeeding clinic or Lactation Consultant on staff, or ask your midwife or doula for the name of a local lactation consultant.
- La Leche League: Check out La Leche League online or call 1-800-LALECHE (U.S.) or 1-800-665-4324 (in Canada). Or visit some of the many websites devoted to breastfeeding.