Who You Are:
You are a skilled administrative professional with a passion for details, variety, and making positive contributions to the overall efficient running of a business. You love being a part of a dynamic team and the challenge of growing a business.
Role Objective & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Manager, Human Resources, the Administrative Associate thrives in an entrepreneurial, ever-changing environment, and enjoys the challenge and diversity of providing administrative support in three key areas of a growing global business, specifically in Executive, Human Resources and Office Services.
The Administrative Associate works both autonomously and collaboratively, uses effective listening skills, and takes the initiative to support the President and Manager, Human Resources with a positive, enthusiastic, results-oriented approach on a day-to-day basis. The Administrative Associate has proven strong organizational skills to manage multiple priorities and has excellent communication skills to interact with a variety of people both internally and externally.
As a team member who represents Bravado’s Brand, Values and Culture, the Administrative Associate is accountable to ensure the accuracy, and timely completion of tasks and applicable communications according to the calendar for Human Resources, Executive and Office Services projects and tasks. The Administrative Associate takes pride in, and enjoys, being part of the team to ensure continuity of the daily operations in these areas on a proactive basis.
- Ensure all employee-related documentation and files are current, accurate and complete
- Administer payroll for each cycle in the calendar in compliance with applicable employment-related legislation and company policies, complete monthly government remittances, and ensure accuracy for year-end processing and annual reconciliation
- Administer Benefits and RRSP processes for each program including the reconciliation of monthly premium statements for accuracy, resolve any discrepancies, and liaise with external Benefits/RRSP program representatives
- Coordinate the onboarding process for new hires including Welcome Packages, initial cross-functional orientation meetings and training, and set up of employment and benefits and other internal systems
- Completion of documentation and administration of processes, such as job descriptions, postings, and employment agreements and company policies; compensation and benefits worksheets; performance management; vacation and personal days; leaves of absence i.e. maternity leave preparations, etc.
- Coordination and completion of health and safety monthly inspections, annual fire and equipment inspections and ensure repairs are made on a timely basis, and ensure first aid training certification is current and supplies on hand
- Ensure employee and company events and meetings are organized, set up and executed flawlessly according to the event calendar
- Schedule Leadership team meetings, create agendas and take minutes, manage follow-up tasks, draft and send communications as required
- Coordinate travel arrangements for President and Board members working with our external travel partners
- Liaise with Board members as the point of contact for meetings, work with Leadership Team members to prepare presentation materials for Board of Directors meetings, and ensure follow-up as necessary with project documentation
- Complete the President’s monthly expense reports using the expense system, and manage the calendar and other administrative tasks as required
- Coordinate office support services as scheduled, and follow up with service vendors as required i.e. coffee/tea, cleaning, waste/recycling removal, HVAC, printer equipment, office maintenance and repairs
- Ensure office and Bistro supplies and specialty items are ordered and inventory levels are maintained
- Anticipate issues and take steps to resolve problems and communicate accordingly
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added or modified as required throughout the course of your employment.
- Minimum 8 years’ proven administrative experience with multiple priorities working with confidential information in an office setting
- Intermediate or better level of proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook in particular)
- Planning, organization and execution of administrative tasks on schedule
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience
- Previous experience with C-Suite/Executive and/or Human Resources administrative support is preferred
- Administrative skills with Human Resources, Payroll and/or Benefits systems and processes is an asset
- Must have a valid driver’s license with access to a vehicle as needed
Essential requirements to thrive within Bravado’s culture:
- Demonstrates the key Bravado Values and must be: Collaborative, Respectful, Fantastic, Optimistic, Accountable
- Enthusiastic about and aligned with our purpose, mission and values and helping every new mother have a successful breastfeeding experience
- Results-oriented, highly motivated, enthusiastic individual who takes ownership for results
- Collaborative style in a team-oriented environment, yet works effectively on an independent basis
- Takes initiative, and is flexible, adaptable and resilient in approach
- Ability to quickly develop rapport and trust
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written, and presentation skills, excellent email etiquette, and persuasion skills plus the ability to communicate concisely and clearly with people in other cultures, as required
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills
- Proven critical thinking skills necessary for problem-solving, conflict resolution, and decision-making
- Effective time management, planning and execution skills
- Proven skill set as a strategic thinker with the ability to plan and execute and achieve results
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills to manage multiple priorities, and follow up
Bravado Designs Ltd. is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in concert with the
Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, Bravado Designs
Ltd. will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process.
If you are interested in this opportunity and have the skills and experience required, we invite you to send your
covering letter and resume to: email@example.com and in the
subject line quote the position title and
date of application. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity, however, only those selected for an interview
will be contacted.