Product Marketing Manager
Role Objective & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing, this role is accountable to plan and execute the product marketing strategy in all global markets. The Manager requires strong leadership of product management to utilize insights and identify opportunities for product growth in the marketplace consistent with our Brand and Bravado’s position with Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability. Strong communication and execution skills are required to meet the financial targets for our products across all markets and channels.
The Manager will work collaboratively with both internal colleagues and external service providers. The Manager is expected to own product marketing from development stage through commercialization stage while continually looking for ways to optimize efforts to ensure product is meeting financial expectations. The Product Marketing Manager provides leadership and direction to the Coordinator on all Product Marketing deliverables.
NOTE: This position is for contract employment covering a maternity leave of absence starting in November 2021 to August 2023, with health and dental benefits available if desired.
Product Strategy & Product Marketing Planning and Execution
- Strategic product portfolio direction that focuses on clear product positioning based on market and consumer insights
- Management of the profit and loss financials for the entire Bravado product line
- Ongoing understanding of sales to budget vs LY by channel/by style. Includes annual gross revenue, product contribution, forecasting, and marketing spend
- Responsible for strategic product/channel matrix planning. Includes opportunity/risk assessment, clear understanding and analysis of product financials, global market share analysis, product placement within range architecture (good/better/best)
- Close collaboration with cross-functional teams to set annual product business plan
Product Launches and Sales Enablement
- Plan and execute all product and lifestyle photo and video shoots in collaboration with Content Marketing Manager
- Support sales team and global subsidiaries with development and management of product knowledge materials and sales support to ensure teams are educated on product positioning to deliver successful new product launches
- Share product marketing plan and product objectives with Marketing colleagues to ensure appropriate marketing support is allocated to meet overall launch objectives
- Develop strategy and oversee production of all product marketing assets including image selects for product listings, colour ups and preparation for retail partners and owned ecommerce channels
Leadership of Product Marketing function
- Post-purchase surveys and post-launch reviews with recommendations
- Consumer research surveys to support the brand
- Product marketing assets consistent with the brand and product objectives for ecommerce and retail
- Management and coordination of all global packaging artwork, including packaging design, labelling and translations
Qualifications & Experience:
- Must have 5 – 7 years Product Management experience ideally in the apparel industry
- Proven brand and product development skills, building strategic line plans, and leading through product development phases for commercialization and product launch
- Global experience is preferred
- Proven leadership and results within the area of Product Management from inception to market, including financial management and project briefs
- Experienced managing direct reports and leading cross-functional teams internally and service providers externally
- Strong understanding of developing and protecting product claims through proper communications and trademarking
- Very strong skill set in Product Lifecycle Management
- Market and consumer-based research experience to gain insights that will inform the strategy
- Lead product marketing initiatives in terms of branding, positioning, competitive advantage
- Strong analytical skills and ability to glean insights that will help inform strategic plan and recommendations
- Intermediate or better skills using Microsoft Suite
Essential requirements within Bravado’s culture: Bravado Values which are Collaborative, Respectful, Fantastic, Optimistic, Accountable
Bravado team members continue to work remotely however may need to work in the office on a periodic basis if required, with the intention of a
hybrid work week in the future. Bravado’s office is located at 60 Scarsdale Road, Unit 100, Toronto.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
If you are interested in this opportunity and have the skills and experience required, we invite you to send your covering letter and resume
to: email@example.com and in the subject line quote the position title and date of application. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity,
however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bravado Designs Ltd. is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in concert with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities
Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, Bravado Designs Ltd. will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request
during the recruitment process.