Reporting to the Senior Director, Business Planning & Finance, the Analyst, Sales & Financial Planning is accountable for all aspects of planning, tracking, sales forecasting and reporting on sales results for global markets. The Analyst is responsible to collect and analyze data, produce sales and financial reports, and provide analysis and customer/market insights and recommendations to assist in the strategic decision-making.
The Analyst will provide the interpretation of data from the Business Intelligence (Power BI) tool by using this data to create reports and presentations with observations and recommendations as the subject matter expert. In addition, the Analyst, Sales & Financial Planning will contribute to organizational strategic initiatives through the coordination and presentation of meaningful data analysis as it relates to all aspects of our business.
The Analyst, Sales & Financial Planning is an integral part of the Sales and Operations planning process in supporting the organization’s production planning, inventory management and financial planning functions. As such, the Analyst is expected to work collaboratively and cross-functionally with our internal business partners.
The Analyst is expected to be an effective critical thinker, take the initiative to ask questions, understand data and the business and end markets, and to draw accurate and relevant conclusions with recommendations for decision making to Bravado’s management team. This will be accomplished by paying meticulous attention to detail using effective communication, active listening, strong organizational and effective time management and analytical skills. The Analyst works independently and collaboratively on a cross-functional basis.
- In depth business analysis on a weekly, monthly basis for key accounts that provide POS data to uncover business trends and insights
- Analyze current and past sales trends by brand, products, SKU, customers, regions on a global basis
- Monitor performance indicators highlighting trends and analyzing unexpected variances and report to key stakeholders with observations and recommendations
- Produce monthly and quarterly reporting packages and distribute to Senior Leadership team members
- Help improve and develop requirements of Business Intelligence Tool reports for value-added decision-making
- Investigate, analyze and evaluate current Sales and Marketing activities including the e-commerce channel such as promotions and launches, and combine it with historical data using to create monthly forecasts and measure forecast accuracy
- Assist with special ad hoc projects by providing data analysis and recommendations as required
- Create ad hoc reports using Excel from Power BI as required for review and decision-making
- Responsible for preparing the sales demand plan and supporting assumptions and providing key deliverables to the business including monthly demand plans and preparation of annual sales budget
- Present monthly demand forecast cross-functionally through the Sales and Operations Planning Process
- Responsible for preparing and directing Amazon FBA inventory replenishments to ensure inventory levels are maintained at pre-determined levels.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to accurately reflect recent trends and data in all modeling work to improve forecasts and planning
- Make recommendations regarding process improvements to forecast accuracy
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum 5 years work experience in finance or financial planning and analysis ideally in the apparel industry
- Minimum of 3 years in sales analysis & financial planning
- Demonstrated proficiency of supply chain planning terms and methods such as lead times, safety stock, promotional lifts, days of supply, inventory turns
- Experience with Amazon and Target Portals and working with POS Data is an asset
- Must have advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Intermediate skills using Microsoft Suite, including PowerPoint, Outlook
- Experience using Power BI is an asset
- Excellent analytical skills with proven experience interpreting data and gathering insights to facilitate business decisions and presenting insights to management team
- Proven experience evaluating and analyzing data up to 5 hours/day
- Advanced analytical, reasoning, critical thinking & communication skills
- Post-secondary education in Business, Finance or Economics with professional designation e.g.CPA, CFA
Essential requirements within Bravado’s culture: Bravado Values which are Collaborative, Respectful, Fantastic, Optimistic, Accountable
Bravado’s office is located at 60 Scarsdale Road, Unit 100, Toronto.
Bravado team members must be flexible and available to work on a hybrid basis, remotely and in office, as required.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
If you are interested in this opportunity and have the skills and experience required, we invite you to send your covering letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and in the subject line quote the position title and date of application. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bravado Designs Ltd. is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in concert with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, Bravado Designs Ltd. will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process.